Sunday, September 20, 2009

A DEATH IN THE FAMILY...

We are gathered here together today
to celebrate the life, 
and mourn the passing of


SHAQUIRA, 
THE BLACK MYSTERY






i wrote a little something in her honor;




Oh truckie oh truckie,
you always got us were we needed to go.
you always towed what we needed to tow.
you never failed us in anyway,
and never led us astray.
although you've gone on to an unknown place,
and there's a new car in your parking space,
the memories of you will never slip our minds
i only hope your new owner is kind
so let me wipe a tear from my eye
and i'll stand here and wave good bye
one day, shaquira, we'll meet again.
until then, so long my friend.


4 comments:

As Told By Molly said...

If only I would have known I would have been there to hold your hand.

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

She will be deeply missed. Even though I only rode in her twice I always felt like we had a connection. Are you having a wake for her?

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elizabeth lawlor said...

WHAT you sold it? wow...what did you get instead of the truck?