Thursday, October 7, 2010



this is a new little bloggity segment i'd like to call:

things i think about while oakley is screaming in the middle of the night and i am trying to get him to sleep.
(that includes the idea for this post.)

  • i should make a lot of wipey cases so i can start selling them. I think i will start an etsy shop cause that seems the easiest anyway. hope chase won't mind.

  • i am pretty much stressing out big time about oakley's blessing day even though so many people are helping me out. what will i wear? all my clothes are either maternity or too small. i hate my hips. i need to go shopping for the food for his after-blessing brunch. that includes making crepes. i have never made a crepe in my life. i need to call katie richards. 

  • chase snores really loud. no wonder oakley can't sleep.

  • i think i want to get out the boxes of letters that chase and i wrote to each other while he was in brazil and put them chronological order. then i'll put them in page protector sleeves in a folder. then our kids can read them if they want to when they're older. that would be cute. 

  • i really want to go on a vacation. we haven't been on a real trip together since april for conference. chase wants to go to spain or italy. that would be fun. but i would be fine with driving to payson and sleeping in a tent. 

  • what if i had to go into labor again- TONIGHT! that would suck. what if i got pregnant like next month. that would really suck. for my next baby i will most definitely have a water birth. and i will schedule the photographer before i have the baby so he/she can still be new-new and sleep through the entire shoot. if we have a girl her name is claire or nora. if we have a boy i like cade. chase doesn't like cade. we'll see. 

  • i can not wait for these two ladies to come down tomorrow!!!!!!!
i chose the ones where they both have princess crowns on. 
we are going to have so much fun!

  • i wonder why babies spit up so much. is it normal? does it hurt? oak can touch his eye ball with his finger and it doesn't even phase him. i hope he doesn't have a weird disease where his eye balls don't have feeling. maybe babies are just born with those abilities. 

  • i am glad we have 3 more seasons of "how i met your mother" before we are caught up. after that we need a new show to watch every night. i dread finding a new show. i get so comfortable in my show. and when people try to suggest new shows for us to watch, we either have seen them all already, or refuse to watch them; i.e. lost or dexter.

  • i saw this documentary called something like "most deadliest drug" or something from the national geographic channel. it was about meth. i couldn't believe my eyes or ears! it was intense. i really enjoy that type of thing. i think drug addicts, dysfunctional families, abusive relationships, psychological disorders and things like that are interesting. don't get me wrong. i don't think they are good. they are bad. i don't find pleasure in them. i just think they are interesting to learn about in a psychological manner. is that weird? does that make me a psychopath? probably. 

  • this post i really long and boring. im sorry. if you made it thus far, CONGRATULATIONS! this was really only a fraction of the things i thought about during the hours of getting oaky dokey to sleep. this will most likely be the one and only post of it's kind. my thoughts are kind of boring.


6 comments:

Jack and Nicci said...

How did you even remember all of that! I always enjoy hearing the inner monologues of the Richards girls.

Katie said...

This was a fabulous post! I have so much to say.
1. Are you doing baby-wise? Do you want to? I have the book. How long does he nap during the day? I found that if babies take long naps during the day they won't sleep through the night.
2. We have a couple options for crepes. I can come over Saturday morning and cook a ton with you? I have my crepe pan I can bring with me (let me know by 7pm tonight if you need me to bring it) and my mom has a crepe cooker thing that makes it pretty awesome/easy. I can come hang out with you and cook them. It's seriously so easy cause I've become a pro at cooking crepes.
3. This is why I still take tylenol PM. My mind will not let me go to sleep. I wish I had productive thoughts like you. My nightly thoughts are things about spiders in the house. Worrying about dying in my sleep from carbon-monoxide. And what I would do if a tornado or robber came and stole all my photos.
4. I put all of Chris's letters in a book with clear sheet covers so the kids can read them. I really wish I wrote him while he was on his mission!
5. I love Claire!
6. Does how I met your mother have a laugh track?
7. My friend Amy's oldest Addy spit up ALL THE TIME as a newborn. Seriously, all the time. She asked her doc and he said as long as it's not projectile it's completely normal.

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

It's not too late to try baby wise with Oakey, and it would save your life!

What I have learned about throwing a little shin dig is that you have to let go and let everyone help you. Even if you don't think you need it. That is why you have so many siblings to help out!!

Welcome to motherhood, where a trip to payson to sleep in a tent is a welcomed vacation, or just dropping Oakley off at my house and stay the night at a fancy hotel, it works wonders.

I can't wait for those girls to come down either, this is going to be a crazy fun weekend!!!!

Bethany said...

I am half doing baby wise, which is probably the opposite of doing baby wise. i just don't think i get how to do it really. Katie Nash let me borrow her book and i read it while i was pregnant, but maybe i should read it again.

Katie R., that would be AWESOME if you wanted share your magic with me and make crepes with me! I have been meaning to text you forever about it, but i get so distracted so easily! I'll text you, just in case you don't read this in time!

elizabeth lawlor said...

Bethany!! I feel like such a bad friend! i HOPE you will forgive me! I have something for you, but it not till he is a little older! and I HAVE a recipe for crepes and a crepe maker, I would love to help you out! WHen are you blessing oakley?

Chels said...

I'm just now getting around to looking at everyone's bloggies from my crazy rad trip to AZ. I wish I could've just stayed there foreverr! Mitch was a horrible snorer too, until I made him wear those Breathe Right nose strips, they greatly improved his disorder. yes it is a disorder because in my mind snoring is not normal because I don't do it. He was reluctant at first to try them out but after the first few nights he was sold and won't sleep without them. just make sure you get the sm/md size not the large size. the large size is for snuffaluffagus'. The baby blessing and brunch went beautifully btw, and I was so happy to be there!