Monday, June 7, 2010

All of May (WARNING! Extra long post....)

Since I haven't blogged for all of May, I will give you the big scoop. (Mostly for the out-of-staters).

1) We bought this little beauty.


2) We sold this little beauty.


3) Got violated in my own driveway.  I don't think I had ever been so angry at a person. It was probably just pregnancy hormones shooting out every which way, but I was livid! (ps. i love being prego. You can blame anything you want on the fact that you are growing a human, and people just take it :))


4) For (future) Mother's Day, Chase bought me a new sewing machine! It's nothing fancy, but i absolutely love it. I have been using my mom's old one, and although I love that one and love that she trusted me with it, I DO love having a new one!  I have been busy sewing to say the least!



5) I made 16 skirts for the girls in my class' Spring Concert Hoe Down. I am a fool and didn't even take a single picture. And i actually didn't even get to go to the Spring Concert by a series of unfortunate events and by going to a place I am all too familiar with; THE ER.

6) I ((reluctantly)) went to the ER because I had been having A LOT of pain in one particular part of my belly. It could have been problems with the placenta, but turned out I just ripped my six pack muscles instead of letting them slowly thin out. I guess I am just too hardcore.
But it is pretty awesome being pregnant at the emergency room. They rush you back and put you at the top of the list! We were there a total of 4 hours versus the usual 40!
But while we are on this subject, I just wanted to say an official THANK YOU to all my brothers and sisters who prayed for me while I was nervously sitting in the hospital bed. It's a scary feeling that I felt that day. I usually don't worry about myself and my health the way I should, but when there is another human being depending on me to take care of myself, it changed my perspective completely. I hardly even fought my mom when she said I need to go to the ER!
And to top it all off, my UH-MAZE-ING sister, Molly made me the dinner the next day. I love all my sisters and brothers. They are way too good to me and I could never even begin to repay them they way they deserve. Thanks again Molly!



Chicken and Dumplings!





Pumpkin Cobbler (I ate every bite! It only lasted like 2 days.)








7) I made freak awesome pillows. They are a little rough around the petals, but i was super proud of myself for figuring it out without any instructions. I know, I am so humble. ha
I saw this flowery pillow at Kohl's for $45! And being the daughter of my mother, i said "I could make that." and so I did! It took 2 hours of my life, but I did it nonetheless.


8) We found out the hard(nasty) way that Nelly is in heat. Ew.  I say, keep her outside till she's done with it. But Chase is too soft hearted and can't stand the thought of her being exiled to the backyard. But have no fear! Chase whipped up this little beaut so she could jump and drool and run around my nice clean house all she wants. Oh yay. Thank heaven for his inventive brain.



9) SUMMER TIME! School's out. That means work is out too. Except for the runs to Hobby Lobby with Katie and hanging at Mom and Dad's with everyone, I get so bored sitting at home, who knows WHAT I'll end up doing! Probably end up cooking dinner one of these days. But- who knows.

10) My tummy is getting bigger everyday. I thought I would be this big by the end of my pregnancy! But sadly, no. I still have more than 11 weeks to grow and stretch out the rest of my clothes. It is so fun though! besides the fact that I can never get comfortable and my body parts fall asleep 7x as fast as normal, I absolutely LOVE feeling him move! When people ask me what it feels like, I can only think of "Imagine a little person is inside of you. And then they move and scrape the inside of your tummy. That is exactly what it feels like." But, boy does it tickle! I am ultra-ticklish on my stomach. Every time he turns over or changes position, I can't help but laugh or at least smile because it feels like someone is tickling me! At night he really wakes up. Which is a little ironic cause i sleep at night. I just lay in bed trying  not to laugh so Chase can sleep, while he has a parade inside me! I must look like a mega goof when I am by myself in a public place and I just start laughing and grabbing my bulging stomach. But it's like mine and Polka-Dot's little inside joke.





11) I have been looking at pictures of myself from a year or two ago, and I get a little tiny bit depressed. I WAS SO SKINNY. And if anyone would have told me that back then, I would have laughed at them. Everyone knows that when you're pregnant, your belly grows. But I never knew everything else gets bigger too! I mean, HOLY COW! For reals!? Face, arms, legs, hips. The whole sha-bang. My poor body.  (I used to be tan too :)... this was the day Chase came home from his mission 2 years ago. I can't even button one button of that shirt now...i tried. hahaha)

Welll! That's about it for all of May! Now that I don't have work I will have more time, and you will get to enjoy lots more posts about boring nothingness!!! YAY!


HAVE A GREAT DAY! 




12 comments:

Katie said...

old photos should be banned from pregnant women. There is a picture I just stare at of myself when I lost all that weight after Cecily. It was a lot of work now kids later I have to do it all over again! =)

Two things no one told me about having a baby.
1. Delivering the placenta is just as uncomfortable as having the baby.
2. You have contractions AFTER you have the baby so hit the nurses up when they offer you pain relievers aka per-ka-cet (I don't know how to spell it so I sounded it out for you.

ps: That is awesome that you put that diaper on your doggy! I remember as a kid our poodle going into heat and she love to "be with" this one stuffed animal in my moms room. I learned a lot about the birds and bees from our dogs.

Chels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chels said...

Thanks for posting! Us out of staters really appreciate the love updates!

And I can here your voice in my head as I read them. I just know if I could close my eyes I'd be able to see your face and hear your voice as I read and that would be magical but I need eyes to read so until I learn braille, the magic will have to wait.

WTF! Why wasn't I informed of this famous ER scare? I know they're not much, but don't you want my prayers?! sheesh. But I am glad to hear you're taking your health seriously for once!

That pillow is rad,I envy your creativity! You're so talented and crafty!

elizabeth lawlor said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA i love it! you poor thing! we must get together soon, maybe lunch or something? or double with the hubbys? whatever you are up too! just send me a text!
you didn't put one picture of you on here...post some!:)

Quinn & Ogden Nash said...

I'm still laughing at that picture of Nelly!

Bethany said...

Thanks for the heads up Katie! I am finding there are ALOT of things people don't tell you about being pregnant. It's like a bunch of secrets only the elite know and you have to become prego to find them out!


haha to chelsea- I know exactly what you mean about the closing your eyes. And Mom said she tried to call you when i was in the ER, but it was like 8 at night Mesa time so it was super late in VA!

Elizabeth- i purposely didn't post any of me. I am not too fond of pictures of myself these days. Maybe i'll post one of my belly soon though! And yes! We do need to hang out very very soon!

Lance and Kimberlee said...

Even though I'm not out-of-state I still appreciate the blog. I miss seeing you everyday and sharing pregnancy stories. I'm in huge agreement about looking at old pictures and being depressed by the unappreciated thin-ness. I also love the pillow. You are so cute!

Esther Grubbs said...

TEACH ME HOW TO MAKE THAT PILLOW. And yes a road trip sounds fantastic! Seriously. Summer TIME! Also we should have a craft day and you can teach me everything thats in that crafty little brain of yours.

As Told By Molly said...

Best line: "mine and polka-dot's inside joke". I've never heard of a more INSIDE joke! Hahaha!

The Nelly diaper is so funny. Does Chase change them? But it is stories like this that make me feel okay that Olen won't let anything that grows fur live in the house.

I didn't know Chase sold the red truck, that's cool news. I like his green one a lot.

(And I can't believe you took pictures of my food.) You are welcome. Your sweetness knows no bounds.

Jack and Nicci said...

BETH! LOVE the pillow! Did you sew, hot glue?... I am intrigued! You're so cute. I really want to see your big belly. I think you need to post a picture of that. :) Nic xx

Unknown said...

That pillow is FABULOUS!!

ROBINSON said...

1) i love that pillow please teach me.If molly can teach me let me know i will instruct her to do accordingly.
2) i wanna see your prego belly i bet you look stinkin adorable you always do!
3) Rhett still talks about you guys! ha he loved ya both!